Financial Aid Book Charges
To ensure a successful start to the semester, you should have all required textbooks on or before the first day of class. Since financial aid is disbursed after the term begins, you should plan to purchase your books from your own funds. In the event you are unable to purchase books from your own funds and your financial aid exceeds your tuition and fee charges, books may be charged against your financial aid according to the guidelines below:
- You should use the book charge process only in an emergency.
- Students are responsible for all book charges regardless of financial aid received.
- You may use the charge process only once each term, unless an item is not in stock.
- In-store charges are allowed one week prior to the term and the first nine days of the term (excluding holidays). See Announcements for exact dates.
- Online charges are allowed when textbook sales for the semester open. Online charges with financial aid are only available for in-store pickup and can be picked up beginning one week prior to the start of the semester. If you have no financial aid in place at the time your order is processed, your order will be cancelled.
- Only the student receiving financial aid can pick up his or her book when charging against financial aid. The customer and the name associated with the student Id for financial aid must match, there are no exceptions when using your financial aid funds.
- The Bookstore will handle all charges; there is generally no need to visit the Financial Aid Office first.
- A Student ID and current course schedule is required for all charges.
- Students are responsible to monitor their student account balance. Click here to view your financial aid status.